Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Paul declare to be a Minister

Paul declare to be a Minister:

Colossians 1:23  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24  Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church
25  Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

We have the same in the Act:
Acts 26:15   And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
16   But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
17   Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
18   To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
19   Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:


Paul do not call himself a Pastor in any of the epistles.

Certainly Paul was a great Rabbi and a great Pastor, teaching and pastoring the church and was no call Cardinal or pope but a Minister .that is to say a Servant of God even a Slave.

What lovely, biblical and humble name is "Minister" to serve God and the brothers and to serve all.

I am sure that you still quote to me:
Ephesians 4:11   And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12   For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12 
12:28   And *  God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
 
12:29  Are all *  apostles? are all *  prophets? are all *  teachers? are all workers of miracles?

I do not see any Pastors in this passage, therefore for the title Pastor we cannot quote this passage.
Certainly the title Minister cover all and is an humble title as a Servant. This is an high calling to serve God and the Church.
As you know we are forbidden by the Lord Jesus Christ to call anybody Teacher that is to say Master or Rabbi
Matthew 23:8   But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.
In Greek there are only one word for Shepherd and Pastor, Pastor is the Latin word for Shepherd.
As I have explain we are not aloud to call anybody teacher, but God gave some teachers.
God gave some shepherd but the title is for God they are pastoring, they are Minister of God, Minister of Christ, Minister of the Gospel and so on.
Ezekiel 34:2   Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe [be] to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks? Ezekiel 34:5   And they were scattered, because [there is] no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered. 7   Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD; 8   [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because [there was] no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock; 9   Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD; 10   Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them. 12   As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep [that are] scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. 23   And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, [even] my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Remember the word Shepherd and Pastor are interchangeable.

You still like to be call Pastor.